All you need is a cup of fresh warm cooked rice, some nori strips, and deliciously healthy leftovers to make your child's lunch look spook-tacular.
- 1/2 cup rice
*White rice is gluten free.
- Cooked sliced ham
*Sweet ham contains protein, iron, fat, and calcium.
- White cheddar cheese
*Cheese is high in calcium & vitamins.
- Nori strips
- Cling wrap
- Kitchen shears
Prep time / Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- P25-30 per cup of rice
*You may use any leftover or favourite healthy meals served at home as part of the ingredient.
1. Place rice onto the center of a sheet of cling wrap. Hold ends together to form a small sack.
2. Massage and mold the rice ball into an oval shape. Gently form the bottom part into a ghost's tail. (Set aside.)
3. Take 1 tsp. of rice and place it in the centre of a smaller sheet of cling wrap. Hold ends together and gently massage the rice to form the ghost's arms.
4. Take a strip of nori and cut 2 circles for the eyes (about the size of a 25 centavo coin), a thin curved line for the ghost's smile, and several strips about 1 cm long for his teeth. (Set aside.)
5. Use your kitchen shears to cut ham cheeks. (Set aside.)
*Tip: You may use the excess ingredients for your bento's sidings and garnishing.
Gently unwrap the ghost's body and put it in your bento box. Next, unwrap the arms one at a time and stick them on to ghost's arms area
Put the ghost's eyes, mouth and ham cheeks on its face. You may also opt to use a toothpick for the finer strips.