No one could have anticipated these troubling times. Even for those of us who are staying at home and are away from the frontlines, we fear for ourselves, our loved ones, and the uncertain future. While it's difficult not to worry, we should try and maintain some degree of normalcy.
Here are some ways we can make the best out of our challenging situation:
- Eat well and stay hydrated. Try your best to prepare healthy meals and drink water throughout the day. If possible, get some fresh produce on your grocery runs.
- Take frequent movement breaks. Do household chores or multitask by doing squats while watching Netflix. Whatever the activity, it’s important to stand up and move whenever you can to prevent muscle atrophy.
- Don’t skip your workouts. If you don’t have gym equipment at home, there are plenty of equipment-free workouts that you can follow online. Follow #GoWellWorkoutFromHome on Facebook for weekly workout programs you can do at home.
- Get some sun. Try to get some sun exposure every day to get your daily dose of Vitamin D as it helps increase your energy levels during the day and helps you sleep better at night.
- Stay focused. Make sure to get your updates from reliable sources such as the Department of Health (DOH) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Take some time to meditate and pray.
- Stay productive. For people working from home, stick to your schedule and to-do lists as usual. For those who are on a forced vacation, now is the perfect time to learn new things like how to cook a new dish or take an online course, or complete chores that you’ve been putting off like cleaning your storage room or organizing your closet.
- Reconnect with loved ones. Enjoy the company of the people you’re with. Have long and leisurely meals together. Chat with friends and family, or even play online games with them.
We can only hope that by being disciplined and staying at home, we can help curb the spread of COVID-19 sooner rather than later. In the meantime, be safe, everyone.