We balance so much as mothers: schedules, budgets, relationships, and sometimes we literally have to balance one kid on our hip while another one is hanging on to our leg! So, it’s not an exaggeration to say that we’ve all got full plates, and sometimes in the effort to be good moms, we forget to be good to ourselves. Self-care is so important for our growth as individuals, and the only way we can truly be at our optimum level as moms is if we are paying attention to our own needs as well. This is where exercise and a healthy diet comes in! It may not be easy to include this in our already packed schedules, but it’s not impossible. We’ve listed down a few ways you can do just that.
- First things first. It may not sound so ideal, but try waking up before everyone else to get in 15-30 minutes of exercise daily. Working out first thing in the morning ensures that your workout is uninterrupted, and you won’t have to worry about finding time later in the day. Worried that you might be too tired afterwards? No worries! Exercise actually helps you have more energy, clears up your mind, and floods your body with endorphins, giving you a great start to your day.
- Walk it off. Don’t underestimate the power of walking everywhere! Park your car farther down the lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and make sure you get up and walk around the office every hour! You’ll be surprised just how much difference it makes when you train your body to always be on the move. It’ll help your blood flow and keeps your mood boosted throughout the day.
- Make it a working lunch. If early morning workouts just aren’t your cup of tea, you can turn your lunch break into your workout hour instead! Find a gym nearby so that you can leave the office and make time to sweat it out during your lunch break. Pack a healthy, ready-to-go lunch like a wrap or salad to save time.
- Work when the kids are working. If you’re a stay-at-home or work-at-home mom, use the time to exercise while the kids are in school. Go for a quick jog, take a class, or just workout at home while they’re not around to interrupt! You’ll find that it’s a lot more refreshing and energizing than sitting on the couch watching Netflix. By the time the kids get back from school, you’ll be more than ready for your wildlings.
- The more, the merrier. Do you have a mama tribe? Then get everyone involved! Fitness is a lot more fun with friends. Make sure you all set it in your calendar so no one forgets, and be each other’s support system. Not only is it a great way to get fit, but also a chance for you to reconnect with your best friends. You’ll find yourself looking forward to exercise in no time!