The flavors of Asia come together in this well-balanced, flavorful meal made even healthier with a perfectly seasoned tempeh and colorful veggies on the side. A meal that is perfect for when you are about to start or end a long day.
Serving per recipe: 2
TERIYAKI STIR FRY
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small size white onion, small diced
¼ cup diced shiitake mushroom
¼ cup small-diced carrots
½ cup broccoli florets
¼ cup small-diced bell pepper
1 tbsp minced ginger
¼ light soy sauce or tamari
½ cup cooked red rice
1 tbsp coco sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
10 grams sliced purple cabbage
3 slices red bell pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE:
- Warm oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables (except for the purple cabbage) until they turn light brown in color, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, cook for 2 minutes. Add in soy sauce and coco sugar. Stir gently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with sliced purple cabbage, bell pepper slices and sesame seeds. Set aside.
½ cup diced tempeh
1 tsp gochujang
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari (for GF version)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp coco sugar or maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
½ cup sliced lettuce (for plating)
Lemon wedge (garnish)
Pumpkin and almond shavings, to sprinkle on top (optional)
30 grams sliced avocado
½ cup sliced lettuce
5 grams alfalfa sprouts
1 tsp black sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE:
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan. Sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add in tempeh, gochujang paste, soy sauce, coco sugar or maple syrup, and white vinegar. Stir gently until the color and flavor are well distributed. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in sesame oil.
- Assemble everything in one plate together with the teriyaki stir fry and the sides. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 424 kcal | Carbohydrates: 38 grams | Protein: 15 grams | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 409 mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7 grams | Iron: 7mg |
*Nutrition values are an estimate only.