Toughening up one’s immune system is essential in maintaining a healthy body. Try this immunity-boosting ginger latte recipe that supports digestion and helps relieve nausea, cramps, headaches, and arthritic pains. This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups or 1 serving.
1-inch ginger scrubbed well and optionally peeled
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Dash of black pepper
3/4 cup soy milk
3/4 cup water or more milk
Optional: alternative sweetener to taste (coconut sugar, muscovado, agave nectar, coco nectar, stevia)
- Slice the ginger thinly and place in a small saucepan together with the turmeric, pepper, milk, and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and discard the ginger slices. Stir in the optional sweetener and serve.
- You can add other spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cloves for added flavor.
- Make a double, triple or quadruple batch and store in the refrigerator. Drink iced or hot.
- Turmeric’s superpowers and bioavailability are heightened when consumed with black pepper.
- Turmeric helps fight inflammation, cancer, and diabetes.