Hungry but rushing for a Zoom meeting? This vegan soba noodle recipe could do the trick for you. This light and refreshing cold soba is perfect for an on-the-go lunch or dinner.
2/3 of a pack Buckwheat Noodles
1/4 cup Red Cabbage, thinly shredded
1 medium size carrots, julienne
4 slices of cucumber (for garnish)
Edamame (for garnish)
Sesame Seeds, to sprinkle on top (optional)
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (must have a runny consistency)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
½ tsp chili flakes
¼ cup coconut milk
1 tbsp light brown sugar or coconut sugar
½ tsp ground coriander
1 juice of lime
- Rinse and prepare all vegetables and set aside.
- Combine all satay sauce ingredients in a pan except for the lime juice.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn down the heat as it approaches boiling point and stir until thickened, turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water into a boil and cook the soba noodles according to package instructions; Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the Cabbage, garlic, onion, and bell pepper to a large bowl. Pour the satay sauce over the veggies and mix well. Fold in the rinsed soba noodles until everything is well distributed.
- Garnish with slices of red cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, lemon wedge, edamame, and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Serving per recipe: 4
Amount per serving: 1
Calories: 328.5 kcal | Carbohydrates: 50 | Protein: 15 grams | Fat: 30g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 326 mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4 grams | Iron: 11.2mg |
*Nutrition values are an estimate only.