Dear Sun Life Clients,
We are reaching out to you once again to keep you updated on our responses to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We aim to help curb the disease by adhering to the mandates of the government, foremost of which is the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon. At the same time, we remain committed to our obligations to you especially in these times.
Kindly take note of the following measures we are implementing:
- Temporary closure in Luzon. All our Sun Life Client Service Centers in Luzon will be temporarily closed until further notice.
- Reduced hours in select provincial CSCs. We will be implementing shorter operating hours in select Sun Life Client Service Centers outside Luzon, as well as stricter precautionary measures in all our branches.
Sun Life Client Service Centers
Cebu (Cebu Business Park, Escario); Tagum City; and Butuan
9am to 4pm
All other branches
9am to 5pm
- Temporary unavailability of the Sun Life Client Care Hotline. We will temporarily be unable to take calls via (632) 8849-9888.
Despite the challenges posed by the current situation, please rest assured that we are here to serve you as best as we can and provide you with other means to connect with us for your ease and convenience.
- Connect with us through alternative channels. We encourage you to connect with your Sun Life advisor for assistance or use our online channels as alternative instead:
- Collect your benefits or funds conveniently. Clients with maturing policies or pending claims may avail of our deposit-to-account facility in three steps:
- Email us at PHIL_Claims@sunlife.com to request for a form.
- Accomplish the form.
- Send it back to us with a copy of the payee’s valid IDs using the subject line: SLOCPI Request for Deposit - (policy number): (name of insured)
Re-invest or use your proceeds as payment.
Clients interested in re-investing or applying the proceeds as payment to another policy or application simply need to submit a Recapture Request form. Email us at PHIL_Claims@sunlife.com
to know more.
I would also like to encourage you to review your policies so that you might be aware of benefits you may be entitled to relating to COVID-19:
- Hospitalization benefit. A client insured under Sun First Aid, Sun First Aid Plus, or has an HIB rider attached to his plan* may avail of a daily hospitalization benefit in case he has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and is confined.
- Prioritized claim. While COVID-19 is not known to cause a critical illness (CI) and is proven to be responsive to treatment, if there is a claim that meets the definition of a covered CI and is caused by COVID-19, Sun Life will endeavor to prioritize this type of claim and will provide benefits in accordance with the policy contract provisions.
- Death benefit. Should the client pass away as a result of COVID-19, his beneficiary may be entitled to a death benefit provided he is insured under an eligible Sun Life insurance plan.
*Must be aligned with policy contract provisions
Finally, we are doing our best to ensure that you remain protected and stay on track with your financial journey during these times. Kindly take note of the special facilities we offer:
- Avail of the extended grace period. We are extending the grace period for premium payments to 91 days. This extension is applicable for policies or pre-need plans with due dates falling between February 15 to May 31, 2020. Please stand by for full advisory with more details.
- Submit soft copies of requirements. As submitting hard copies is a challenge at this time, we will be accepting soft copies of requirements related to any insurance claims from now until further notice.**
- Pay your premiums online. Visit bit.ly/empoweredsunlifer to know all options.
**In case there are issues on the soft copies submitted, additional verification may be conducted and where necessary, Claims Services also reserves its right to process the claim only upon receipt of the hard copies. Our approval of claims based on soft copies of documents does not constitute to a waiver of our rights to request for original documents for any future claims.
The situation remains fluid but we will strive to act in a timely manner so that we may offer you the most efficient service possible in these circumstances.
These may be uncertain times but our country has prevailed through many challenges before. I am confident that our nation’s indomitable spirit will pull us through once again. Let us all stay strong and keep believing that brighter days are in the horizon.
Thank you for your continued trust and support. We wish you and your family well.
CEO & Country Head
Sun Life Philippines
(updated as of March 17)