SLAMCI Launches the Auto-Invest Program
Sun Life Asset Management Company, Inc. (SLAMCI) is pleased to announce its newest bank partner for the Auto-Invest program, Security Bank.
With this development, investors in eligible Sun Life Prosperity Peso Funds who are also account holders of Security Bank may now enroll in Auto-Invest using their Security Bank accounts beginning today, 21 November 2016 (Monday).
Enrollment is free of charge while standard sales load fees apply on every scheduled subscription.
To enroll in this Auto-Invest program, clients simply have to completely fill-out the 1) Security Bank Auto-Debit Enrollment Form and 2) Sun Life Prosperity Auto-Invest Form then submit both to any Sun Life Customer Center. These forms are now available in all Sun Life branches, customer centers, and may also be downloaded from this link.
Security Bank is the latest bank to affiliate with SLAMCI for Auto-Invest, joining Banco De Oro (BDO) and Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI).
For further inquiries, you may get in touch with SLAMCI Investor Services at 849-9495/52 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that through the Auto-Invest program, more Filipinos will develop an investing habit and ultimately find their way to a brighter life.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is Auto-Invest?
Auto-Invest is a regular investment program that enables you to invest monthly, straight from your bank account. It’s a hassle-free way for you to achieve prosperity and secure a brighter future.
2. Who are eligible to enroll in the program?
The Auto-Invest program is open to all existing account holders of any of the six (6) participating Sun Life Prosperity Funds.
You may invest in the following peso-denominated funds:
- Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund
- Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Stock Index Fund
- Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund
- Sun Life Prosperity Bond Fund
- Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund
In addition, you should also have a bank deposit account with our partner bank/s. By enrolling, you are allowing your bank to automatically transfer funds from your bank deposit account to be invested in your SLAMCI Mutual Fund Account/s (Sun Life Prosperity Funds). You will be asked to select which SLAMCI MF Account/s are to be enrolled in this facility.
- Completely fill-out the following forms: (1) BDO Auto-Debit Service Enrollment Form/ BPI Expresslink Automatic Debit Agreement Form/ Security Bank Auto-Debit Enrollment Form and (2) Sun Life Prosperity Funds Auto-Invest Enrollment Form. These forms are available at any Sun Life Customer Center and can be accessed through the Downloadable Forms section of our website. Refer to the link : http://www.sunlife.com.ph/philippines/Products+and+Services/Mutual+funds/Downloadable+Forms?vgnLocale=en_CA.
If you wish to enroll multiple Sun Life Prosperity Funds, you may do so by selecting the fund names in the Sun Life Prosperity Funds Auto-Invest Enrollment Form.
- Submit three copies of the signed and accomplished forms to any Sun Life Customer Center or Sun Life Financial Advisor. Partner banks will NOT process these enrollments at their respective bank branches.
- You will be notified through SMS and/or email once your account is successfully enrolled.
- You will receive an SMS and/or email notification for each successful subscription.
- You may verify your bank deposit account history through your bank’s online facility.
3. Why should I enroll in the auto-invest facility of my bank?
There are a number of benefits in auto-investing:
- Peso cost averaging - Small investments over time will allow you to benefit from the market movement.
- Automatic contribution schedule – This feature compels you to invest regularly, which has long-term benefits.
- Earning from excess cash – Instead of just leaving money parked in your bank deposit account, this facility allows you to invest a portion of your excess cash, and prevents you from spending all of your disposable income.
- Cashless transaction - You will enjoy the convenience of online banking by using the automatic debit facility of your bank. No monthly bills, no fund transfers, no queueing.
- Free and safe online service. – This on-line service is free of charge. However, standard fees for early redemption apply.
4. Is my money safe with the Auto-Invest program?
The security features of SLAMCI and that of our partner banks’ systems ensure investor protection. You may monitor your bank deposit account by viewing your transaction history.
5. How often will you collect from my bank deposit account?
The Sun Life Prosperity Funds Auto-Invest Enrollment Form has set a pre-determined monthly subscription schedule, which is every 5th or 20th of the month. Funding must be available at least a day before subscription date (i.e. Account to be debited every 4th or 19th of the month for subscription the following day). Should the subscription schedule fall on a weekend or holiday, the transaction will be moved to the next banking day.
6. What happens when my funds are not sufficient?
Bank deposit accounts with insufficient funds will receive notification via SMS and/or email. After three (3) months of unsuccessful attempts to collect, your subscription to the Auto-Invest facility will be cancelled.
7. What is the minimum amount for each subscription?
The minimum investment amount for each subsequent subscription is P 1,000.00.
8. What if my bank does not offer this service?
Our current partner banks are BDO and BPI. As we move on with the program, we aim to expand the list of our partner banks. For inquiries and assistance, email us at email@example.com or call us at (632) 849-9495/9452.