Sun Life Worldwide
Chartered in Canada in 1865, Sun Life is one of the world’s leading financial services companies. With headquarters in Toronto, we and our partners today operate in key markets worldwide including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, India and Singapore.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippines (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
To help our customers achieve lifetime financial security
To be an international leader in protection and wealth management.
We are committed to the highest standards of business ethics and good governance.
We value our diverse, talented workforce and encourage, support and reward them in contributing to the full extent of their potential.
We provide sound financial solutions for our customers and always work with their interests in mind.
We pursue operational excellence through our dedicated people, our quality products and services, and our value-based risk management.
We deliver value to the customers and shareholders we serve and to the communities in which we operate.
Strong Credit Ratings*
We’ve earned high independent ratings from international rating agencies:
- Standard & Poor’s: AA (Very Strong) (as of March 6, 2009)
- Moody’s: Aa3 (Excellent) (as of February 12, 2009)
- The financial strength rating of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (“Sun Life Assurance”) was affirmed at A+ (Superior) with a stable outlook by A.M. Best.
*All financial ratings are assigned to Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, the parent company of Sun Life Philippines.
Some of our recent achievements:
- Donald A. Stewart, Sun Life Financial’s Chief Executive Officer, was named the Canadian International Executive of the Year by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in November, 2007
- Ranked among the top 10 in the Canadian financial services sector both in Maclean’s magazine and the Jantzi Research’s 2007 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Ranked in the top 10 S&P/TSX composite index listed corporations included in the Globe & Mail’s Board Games Corporate Governance Ranking for 2007
- Consistently listed in the Global FTSE4Good index since its launch in 2001
- One of the world’s top 500 companies both in FORTUNE Magazine and the Financial Times